The Modules you build make up your spaceship in Genesis Alpha One. They are divided into several categories:
- Connections - Used to connect multiple modules together and expand the ship.
- Farming (actually Mining) - Used to gather and refine resources.
- Crew - Used to house the crew, and maintain their health.
- Life Systems - Used to maintain the ship's biosphere.
- Defense - Used to protect the interior of the ship from hostile lifeforms and other dangers.
- Space Travel - Used to help the ship travel across the galaxy more quickly, beyond the basic 1 tile jump to a new system.
- Bridge - Unlike other modules, the bridge cannot be built or deconstructed. If the bridge is destroyed, it's game over. Contains one built-in hyperdrive. Also handles the scanning of planets and debris.